Have leftover custard powder at home? Hurry up and use it to make these 7 delicious foods! You just might be surprised with the stuff you can make with custard powder.
- 4 Eggs
- 140 g White sugar
- 80 g Evaporated milk
- 288 g Water
- 1 Egg
- 300 g Flour
- 8 g White sugar
- 8 g Milk powder
- 8 g Custard powder
- 200 g Butter (boil in water)
- Egg liquid: boil sugar in water and stir with a whisk.
- After 5 minutes of cooling. Add the beaten egg mixture, add evaporated milk and mix well.
- Strain the egg liquid 3 times with a sieve and set aside.
- Pie crust: Put the flour, egg yolk powder, milk powder, sugar into a bowl, mix well with a spoon.
- Add in egg mixture and butter liquid, stir with a spoon to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 26g portions and knead into small balls. Put the dough in the middle of the egg puff model, use your thumb from the inside to the outside, slowly pinch out to cover the entire edge of the model.
- Pour in the egg mixture till it's 80% full. Preheat the oven and bake at 160 degrees for 20 minutes.
- After the egg tart is out of the oven, let it cool slightly, turn over the model and the egg puff will come out!
- 1 Egg yolk
- 150 g Butter
- 20 g Milk powder
- 10 g Egg yolk powder
- 200 g Super fine flour
- 35 g Powdered sugar
- Yellow pearl filling can be bough tready-made
- Mix the flour, milk powder and egg yolk powder for later use.
- Beat with butter and powdered sugar until creamy, add egg yolk and beat until even. Add the mixed powder.
- Put the dough into the model, squeeze out a 5cm strip, roll up the filling on one end, and arrange it on the baking tray. Spread egg yolk on the surface and bake at 150 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown!
Tart shell ingredients
- 100 g Flour
- 15 g Powdered sugar
- 50 g Room temperature butter
- 20 g Whole egg liquid
Custard sauce ingredients
- 25 g Custard powder
- 1 tsp Powdered sugar
- 85 g Cold milk
- 100 g Whipped cream
Tart shell method
- Stir butter and powdered sugar until the powdered sugar melts, add egg liquid, and stir until completely mixed.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions (23g each), put them in a tart mold and knead evenly, then poke some holes in it.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees, bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add cold milk, instant custard powder, powdered sugar, and mix well.
- Whip the whipped cream in another bowl.
- Mix 1 and 2, put in the squeeze bag, squeeze into the tart shell, and place the diced fruit.
- Just sprinkle with powdered sugar!
- 300 g Flour
- 180 g Syrup
- 15 g Custard powder
- 180 g Planta
- 40 g Butter
- 300 g White bean paste
- 100 g White lotus paste
- 1/2 spn Alkaline water or baking soda
- 300g+ 50g Black sesame seeds
- Stir the white oil into a dough
- Pine nut powder (crush the pine nuts into powder)
- Egg liquid that is used to brush on the mooncake: An egg (stir well)
- Stir the flour, syrup, vegetable butter, custard powder and alkaline water together, and place it in a ventilated place for about 2 hours, until the batter is not sticky and can be formed into a dough.
- Dump the stuffing into 60g small balls.
- Fold the dough into 1/2 of the palm of your hand and place the filling. Be sure to wrap it tightly. Hold the crust with your left hand, and gently press the filling with your right thumb. Slowly rotate both hands symmetrically until the crust fully covers the filling.
- Sprinkle flour into the mold, shake it off, put the mooncake dough into the mold and gently press to flatten it. Knock the mold to the left and right, knock it loose and pour it out . Then use a brush to remove excess flour from the surface.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, put the mooncake in and bake for 5 minutes, take it out, lightly brush a layer of egg yolk liquid, adjust to 180 degrees, bake for 10-15 minutes, and take it out after it turns golden brown!
Corn Custard Bun
Corn custard filling ingredients
- 150 ml Water
- 30 g Custard powder
- 30 g Castor sugar
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 35 g Powdered sugar
- 3 tbs Milk powder
- 90 g Canned sweet corn soup
Bun dough ingredients
- 200 ml Milk
- 280 g Plain flour
- 20 g Corn starch
- 65 g Castor sugar
- 20 g Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Instant yeast
- Corn custard filling: Mix water, milk powder, custard powder and sugar, stir until the sugar melts, filter into a microwaveable dish, put it in a microwave oven and heat at 1000W for 1 minute and 30 seconds, remove and stir until mixed.
- Add sweet corn soup, mix well, add cheddar cheese and mix until fully mixed, set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide the filling into 10 equal parts.
- Steamed bun dough; add plain flour, cornstarch, instant yeast and granulated sugar and mix well. While stirring, slowly add milk until a dough is formed. Add cooking oil and mix until combined.
- Knead the dough for 6-7 minutes until the surface is smooth, cover it and let it rest for 6-7 minutes. Spread out the loose dough till it becomes thin, fold it into ⅓, and then spread it open until it becomes thin again. Roll into long strips, divide into 10 parts and roll it into balls.
- Bun: The dough is expanded into a round shape, add the filling and wrap it, put it on apiece of paper, put 500mI of water into the steamer, bring it to the boil, turn off the heat, then add IL of water, and put the steamed bun into the steamer.
- Put it on a steamer with warm water, cover it, and let it sit for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn the boiler to high heat until the water in the steamer boils, then turn it down to medium heat and steam for 15 minutes, done!
- 100 g Sugar
- 750 ml Water
- 200 g Coconut milk
- 150 g Custard powder
- 1 can Sweet corn (425g)
- Slowly pour coconut milk into the custard powder, mix well, and set aside.
- Boil water and sugar until dissolved. Pour it into the sweet corn and keep stirring until it boils.
- Pour into (I) and stir evenly, turn to medium and low heat, and keep stirring until it thickens.
- Pour into the mold (I use an 8-inch mold), after it cools, put it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, then you can take it out and enjoy!
Fried Prawn Crackers
- Small river prawns (washed, add 1 tbsp cooking wine and 14 tsp salt, marinate for 10 minutes)
- 300 g All-purpose flour
- 2 cup Sticky rice noodles
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Protein powder
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Ice water
- 2 cups Leeks (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups Mung bean sprouts
- Enough cooking oil
- 1 tsp Salt for fritters
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chicken powder (optional)
- Put all-purpose flour, rice flour and egg yolk powder in a large bowl, add salt, pepper, chicken powder and cooking oil and mix well.
- Take a pair of chopsticks or tablespoon to stir the flour, slowly add ice water to the mixture. When the batter is a bit hard to stir, it is almost done. Cover the batter and put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Wash and drain the small river prawns, add ¼ tsp salt and 1 tsp cooking wine, mix well and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Wash the leeks and cut into sections, wash and drain the bean sprouts for later use. Take out the batter from the refrigerator, add bean sprouts and chives after stirring smoothly. If the batter is too thick, add a little water to make it thinner.
- Heat an appropriate amount of cooking oil in the pot on medium-high heat, put the prawn cracker mold in the oil and heat together, so that the prawn cracker will be easily taken out later. If you don't have a mold, you can use a shovel or a larger spoon instead
- Take out the mold, put in 1.5 tablespoons of batter, spread it slightly, and spread 3-4 small river prawns on the batter.
- Put the mold in hot oil and fry until golden on both sides, then drain the oil out of the pan. After the first piece of prawn cracker is taken out, the second piece can be made. And so on until all the batter is fried!
So were you surprised hehe?
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!