Dear Vegans, worry no longer. Who said you can’t enjoy delicious brownies and cakes? Using this vegan substitution infographic, you’ll be on your way baking plenty of tasty treats!
We have included:
- Milk substitutes
- Egg/ Egg White substitutes
- Butter / Fat substitutes
- BUTTERMILK : Unsweetened soy milk plus 2 tsp of vinegar
- EVAPORATED : MILK Unsweetened coconut milk
- CONDENSED MILK : Canned coconut milk
- CREAM : For 1 cup- 3/4c + 1 tbsp soy milk, plus 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- CONDENSED MILK : Can of coconut milk chilled in the fridge for 48 hours; use the top layer in place of heavy cream.
Egg/Egg White Substitutes
- PUREED TOFU : Replace each egg with 1/4 pureed tofu (great for
custards and quiches)
- BANANA : Use one mashed ripe banana for every egg
- AQUAFABA : Liquid from a can of legumes like black bean or chickpeas
- GROUND FLAX SEED : 1 tbsp ground flax seed and 3 tbsp of water per egg (great for baking
- BAKING SODA VINEGAR : 1 tsp baking soda mixed with 1 tbsp white vinegar per egg ( great for baked goods).
VEGAN BUTTER : Substitube 1 for 1; check labels
COCONUT OIL : Substitute 1 for 1; check labels
APPLESAUCE : 1 tbsp per egg
MOST MARGARINE : (FULL-FAT)Substitute I for I; check labels
OLIVE OIL : 1/4c plus 2 tbsp for every cup of butter
- MAPLE SYRUP
- BEET SUGAR
- UNBLEACHED SUGAR
Voila – that’s how you do it! Happy Vegan Baking!
Did you love this information
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: Nyonya Sauce Pau Recipe
Up Next: 10 Chinese New Year Cookies Recipe
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!