Victoria Sandwich Cake is made out of 2 layer of light spongy buttery cake sandwich with a layer of strawberry filling and topped with vanilla flavoured cream.
It is a perfect dessert to have it during tea time with friends and family. A not too sweet dessert that has a a little sourness from the strawberry compote definitely goes well with your cup of tea.
Victoria Sandwich Cake
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
- 8 x 8 Square Cake Mould
- Parchment Paper
- Nozzle Wilton 1M
- Offset spatula
- 250 gm Pure Butter
- 150 gm Castor Sugar
- 4 pcs Whole Eggs
- 250 gm All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 100 gm Milk
- 150 gm Butter
- 200 gm Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Fresh Strawberry
- Prepare a 8 x 8 inch square cake mould lined with parchment paper and preheat the oven at 170°c
- Then, in a bowl add in butter and sugar. Using a hand mixer, start creaming the ingredients until the colour pales.
- After that, add in the eggs and mix until all is combined.
- At this part, you need to add in the dry ingredients and milk alternately.
- Start with the flour by mixing it using low speed and then add in milk.
- Repeat the process until all the ingredients have been used.
- Pour this batter into the cake mould and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked.
- Let the cake chill before you cut.
- After the cake is completely cooled, take a serrated knife and carefully slice the cake in half from its side. You have made 2 layers of cake. Set aside.
Preparing cream frosting:
- In another bowl, add the butter. Using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it's soft and the colour slightly pales.
- After that, add in icing sugar and continue mixing until the cream is fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla essence for flavour!
- Put some of the cream into the piping bag together with the nozzle. Set aside.
- Take your lower cake layer and spread the cream frosting starting from the centre of the cake to the edges.
- Then, take the strawberry compote and spread it on top of the cream evenly.
- Cover the lower cake layer with top layer.
- Let the cake chill in the fridge for 20 minutes and then cut into small squares.
- Take the cream in the piping bag and start pipe it on top of the cake by following the small square shape that you already cut just now.
- Make a swirl shape and top it with fresh strawberries! Pour some strawberry compote on top for strawberry dripping effect.
- Your victoria sandwich cake is ready to eat!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Bomboloni Doughnut with Nutella Recipe