The ingredients at bakery stores are running out. So what are you going to do? What about making it YOURSELF? Here are 4 Baking Ingredients that you can Do It Yourself!
No Cream Cheese
- Full cream milk 1L
- Lemon Juice 45g
- Salt 0.25g
- Heat the Full Cream Milk slowly, until the bubbles appear from the side.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in lemon juice slowly (2-3 times) and mix it while adding.
- Use a clean pot, Place 2 layer of cheesecloth on top of the pot and start pour in milk.
- Take out the cheesecloth with the cheese, squeeze away the remaining liquid and put on top of sieve for 15 minutes.
- Put the cheese to the mixer, add salt and beat it until smooth (please put in the refrigerator and we recommend to finish it within 3 days)
No Ricotta Cheese
- Whipping cream 200ml
- Lemon Juice 12ml
- Heat the whipping cream slowly, until the bubbles appear from the side, add lemon juice and mix it slowly until it become dense.
- Pour into a bowl and let it cool down, cover it with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator.
- After refrigerated, use cheesecloth to cover the cheese and squeeze away the remaining liquid.
- The remaining is all mascarpone cheese, keep it in the fridge.
No Sour Cream
- Whipping cream 100ml
- Lemon Juice 12ml
- Find a clean bottle to pour in lemon juice, add in whipping cream and wait for 30 minutes.
- Use a small spoon to stir it, until it become dense / solid.
- Add a layer of plastic wrap between the bottle mouth and cap, let it fridge for a day.
No Whipping cream
- 500 ml Full cream milk
- 2.5 g Gelatin powder
- Put gelatin powder in a small portion of milk and let it soften.
- Pour the remaining milk into the pot and heat it slowly until the milk reduces half of the portion.
- Stand the bowl in a heatproof bowl of hot water (Never boil gelatin), add in the milk and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Let it cool down and keep in the fridge (at least 2 hours).
- Take it out from the fridge and use beater to beat it.
Let us know what you think of it!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: 6 Desserts using by Nescafe Coffee
Up Next: Coconut tart
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!