Still afraid of chilling at the cafes for teatime due to the pandemic? Feel bored staying at home doing nothing in the afternoon?
Here are 5 delicious teatime recipes for you fill up the gap in the afternoon:
- Creme Caramel
- Chai Latte
- Orange Panna Cotta
- Chinese Pan Bread
- Leche Fritas
Get yourself a MILKY HOKKAIDO MILK to kick start with the recipes today.
- 80 g Sugar
Flan Custard Mixture
- 400 ml Milk
- 1 ½ tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Whole Egg
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 ½ tbsp Sugar
- Cook the sugar and 60ml water until it become amber colour and quickly pour it in a prepared ramekin.
- For the flan mixture, combine all ingredients and then sift it.
- Pour into the remekin and bake using water bath in 150°c oven for 45 minutes.
- 4 Chai tea bags
- 1 cup Filtered water
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 ounces Espresso
- 1 cup Plant-based milk
- 4 ounces Vodka
- Star anise garnish
- Heat the water to almost boiling and steep the tea for 4 minutes. Discard the tea bags, and add in the maple syrup and salt. Stir combine and set to the side to cool.
- Meanwhile make 2 ounces of espresso and set aside to cool
- Combine in a shaker the cooled chai, espresso, milk, vodka and ice.
- Strain into 4 martini glasses, and garnish with star anise
Orange Panna Cotta
- 1 package Granulated Gelatin
- 250 g Mascarpone Cheese
- ⅓ cup Blood Orange Juice
- 1 cup Milk
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla bean paste or extract
- Bloom gelatin.
- In a saucepan combine all remaining ingredients
- Add in bloomed gelatin.
- Pour in prepared remekin and let it set in chiller for 5 hours.
- In a pan cook orange juice with the sugar and cornstarch until thicken and let it set.
- Take out the panna cotta and pour the orange syrup.
Chinese Pan Bread
- ¼ cup Red Bean Filling
- 1 cup Sticky Rice Flour
- ¼ cup Hot Boiling Milk
- ¼ cup Cold Milk
- Pour hot milk into the rice flour, mix and let it cool.
- Once it is cold, pour in the cold milk and knead until it is smooth.
- Divide into 10 equal pieces and then fill it in with the bean paste.
- Pan fry the dough.
- 2 m size Eggs
- 3 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 60 g Cornstarch
- 600 ml Whole Milk
- Lemon zest
- ½ Cinnamon Stick
- 90 g Sugar
- Oil for frying
- Sugar to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- In a pot boil milk, lemon zest, sugar.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, wheat flour and cornstarch.
- Ladle in the milk into the bowl and stir.
- Transfer back into the pot and cook until really solid.
- Transfer to a container and let it chill for 3 hours.
- Take it out and cut it into bite pieces.
- Pan fry it and when it's done coated with sugar and cinnamon mix
Share this with your friends and family too!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out the previous topics: Best Butter Cake For Raya
Up Next: How To Incorporate Dates In Baking
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!