THESE 9 USEFUL TIPS WILL SURELY HELP YOU! You’re welcome hehe!
1. How can i tell if my baking soda is still fresh?
– Grab a pinch and add it to a small spoonful of vinegar. If it fizzes, it’s good to go.
2. How can i tell my whole-grain flour or nuts have gone bad?
– Give them the sniff test. You will know if they smell off. Freeze them to maximize their shef life.
3. The lid on my molasses jar keeps getting stuck closed.
– Wipe down the rim of ypur jar with a lightly oiled paper towel and it will be easier to open in the future.
4. Can i still use a dried out vanilla bean?
– To rehydrate dried vanilla beans, submerge them in warm water for aout 10 minutes.
5. My nutmeg does’t seem very flavourful.
– For londer-lasting flavor, buy a whole nutmeg seed and grate it yourself as finely as needed.
6. My honey has crystallized, what should i do?
– Microwave it for 30 seconds, or carefully warm it over a pan of simmering water to soften the honey.
7. How often do i need to replace my self-rising flour?
– Since it contains baking powder, self-rising flour doesn’t last long and should be replaced every 6 months.
8. How can i make sure my dry yeast hasn’t expired.
Test it in warm water with a pinch of sugar before using it in a recipe. If it form, it’s still good to use.
9. My baking chocolate has a white film on it. can i still use it?
– This happens when sugar or fat seperates from the chocolate. Flavor isn’t affected, it’s still safe to cook with and eat.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: 8 Different Types of Dessert With Leftover Eggwhite
Up Next: Traditional Mochi
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!