Apple Crumble is one of the easy quick dessert to do at home and it can be done in sweet or savoury version. Apple crumble is usually served warm and it pairs really well with vanilla ice cream.
- Induction/ Stove
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer/ Stand mixer
- Chopping Board
- Rolling Pin
- Round Cake Pan 8” x 8” x 3”
- 4 nos Jonagold Apple
- 150 g Raisins
- 100 g Castor Sugar
- 15 g Water
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¾ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 230 g Butter
- 225 g Castor Sugar
- 1 nos Egg (Grade B)
- 300 g All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 170 g Butter
- 170 g Castor Sugar
- 250 g All Purpose Flour
- Peel Jonagold apples and cut them into small cubes.
- Cook the castor sugar with water until caramel, then add in the apple cubes and stir well.
- Add in the lemon juice, cinnamon powder and raisins, stir together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Then, use strainer and strain the apple filling for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and castor sugar together using low speed until incorporated.
- Add in the egg and stir until it is well combined.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and baking soda, and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Make a flat ball and wrap with plastic film, and keep it in the fridge until it hardens a bit (easy to handle, not sticky when touched) for around 20 minutes.
- About ¼ inch thick, shape into the mould (8” x 8” x 3”) and poke holes at the base of the dough. Bake at 170°C for 15 minutes (half-bake).
- After the crust has baked, let it slightly cool on the wire rack.
- By using the rub-in method, just mix in all the ingredients in one bowl: use your fingers to rub in the mixture together until you get a crumble-like texture.
- Don’t mix or rub too much as later your crumble will become a dough.
- As the crust has slightly cooled down, pour in the apple filling on top of the crust.
- Then, add the crumble on top and make sure all the apples are covered with the crumble.
- Bake the apple crumble at 160°C for 20 minutes, or until the crumble has turn into a golden brown color.
- Dust some icing sugar on top, and ready to serve!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe