Should I buy a Subway or Asam Laksa?Why not have both? Make an Asam Pedas Sub. Fresh tuna cooked with flavourful Asam Laksa Paste that gives you that sour, salty and savoury zing coupled with colorful vegetables (tummy is making sounds while reading)
Asam Pedas Subs
- 295 g Water
- 10 g Yeast
- 500 g Flour
- 13 g Sugar
- 5 g Salt
- 30 g Shortening
- 3 nos Steamed okra
- 15 g Vietnamese Coriander (Daun kesum)
- 20 g Pickled vegetables
- 10 g Fresh onion ring
- 5 nos Garlic clove
- 170 g Nyolike Asam laksa Paste
- 300 ml Water
- 50 g Vietnamese coriander
- 1 can Tuna
- Add the yeast into the water let it bloom. Then add flour, sugar and salt and give a wisk.
- Add the shortening and massage it. Add the yeast mixture into the dough.
- Knead it with hook attachment until is smooth and let it rise for one hour.
- Once risen, divide into 4 pieces.
- Roll it for a foot lenght and cover it with damp towel for 40 minutes.
- Score the dough lengthwise. In preheated 200°c oven, steam bake the dough for 8 minutes. Remove the steam source and continue baking for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Saute Nyolike Asam Laksa Paste. Add tuna and water.
- Add slice wedges of ginger torch and cook until the tuna is done. Continue to cook the asam pedas until thick. Stir for awhile and turn off the heat.
This just might end up being your favourite sandwich flavor!
Did you love this information
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!