This weekend, we’ll be going to the state of Johor and learn how to make one of their well known dishes, Kuah Lodeh. Johoreans friends out there, today’s your day!
This classic vegetable dish is considered a favourite by many during Hari Raya and is often paired with lontong or nasi impit. A classic and hearty dish like this will surely leave you wanting for more!
Bihun Sup Kedah
- 1 no Onion
- 2 nos Garlic
- 500 g Beef Bones
- 200 g Beef
- 1 handful Chinese Parsley stalks
- 1 handful Spring Onion base
- 1 thumb size Ginger
- 1 bag Soup Spice/ Sup Bunjut
- 1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Ground Fennel
- 1 nos Lemongrass
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 nos Clove
- 3 nos Cardamom
- 1 no Star Anise
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 200 g Rice vermicelli
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Chili paste
- 1 nos small onion (pounded)
- Start preparing the broth by blending the onion and garlics in a blender. You can also use a pestle and mortar if you want to.
- Then cut the meat into thin pieces and combine it with the rest of the broth ingredients together with the processed onion and garlic.
- Add water until it covers the ingredients. Boil for at least 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Next, in a separate pot, bring some water to aboil and combine it with the turmeric.
- Blanch the rice vermicelli until a firm but tender texture. Then instantly pass it through running water to prevent sticking.
- For the sambal, just fry both ingredients in a little oil. Until fragrant.
- To serve, place the noodles in a bowl, then followed by the soup. Sprinkle with deep fried shallots, chopped chinese parsley, sliced spring onions and also the sambal.
Now, hopefully, you can create your own Bihun Sup dish with your loved ones.
Also, I cordially invite you to eat with us and learn more about all the Malaysian local foods recipes.
You may also like our previous video : Lodeh Recipe