Carport cake with cream cheese frosting! You cannot go wrong with this flavour. Although the ingredients are a bit long please do not be intimidated with it. The recipes are rather simple and it is easy as 1,2,3. The only hardest part of making this cake is to wait for the cake to set in order to infuse all of the flavour of the ingredient of the cake to me cohesive.
Some people might reject the idea of a vegetable inside a cake but trust me the cake itself won’t taste as carrot as you think! All of the flavour from the used spice and the tanginess of the cream cheese is just phenomenal and really will make your tongue dance. The recipes for the cream cheese are rather simple but yet delicious. In my weekend plan we do not like to eat sweets although we are baking media, thus the cream cheese frosting is a lot less than you might eat outside! SO this is our carrot cake recipe!
- 300 g soft brown sugar
- 300 ml sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g grated carrots
- 300 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g chopped walnuts
- Sift all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In bowl, combine brown sugar, sunflower oil, vanilla essence and eggs until the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix carrot with the batter.
- Once mixed, add sifted dry ingredients into the batter. Batch by batch.
- Lastly, coat walnut with a tablespoon of flour and add into the batter.
- Just give it a small fold.
- Transfer it inside a baking pan 7" and bake in 180c oven for 45 minutes.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to elevate your baking skills a few notches up- head on over here and browse through our baking tips & tricks .