Mother’s Day is coming soon and you do not have any idea what to do for your mum? Well fret not. you can do this savory onigiri for your mum by making some cute onigiri for her. It definitely can put a smile on her face just like the image shown.
Chicken Bulgogi Onigiri
- 1 ½ cup Japanese Rice
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 50 ml Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar
- 150 g Chicken Fillet
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar
- 50 ml Water
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 80 ml Sprite
- 3 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 pkt Seaweed Sheets
- Mince ginger and place it in a bowl. The cut the chicken into smaller pieces and then add into the ginger bowl.
- Add in all the marination ingredients into the same bowl and marinate it overnight.
- Before cooking the chicken, mix in cornflour. Heat up the cooking pan, and pour in the marinated chicken and cook until it has reduced and thicken up. Keep it aside.
- Wash the japanese rice until the water turns opaque. Drained excess water and put in 1 ½ cup water and then steam it for about 20mins.
- To season the rice, boil Chek Hup Diamond Cane Rock Sugar and water until sugar has diluted and then mix in vinegar.
- After that, pour into the rice and mix well.
- Take a handful of rice and place chicken filling into the rice ball and then shape it into a triangular shape.
- Cut out the seaweed sheet and decorate it as you like.
- When dealing with the rice, you can either oil or wet your hands when you are shaping it to prevent the rice sticking to your hands.
- To have a more flexible seaweed, add some water onto the seaweed to let it soften up.
- You can change the filling to any filling according to you liking.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Mee Rebus