A tart is a baked dish consisting of a filling over a pasrty base with an open top. The filling may be sweet or savoury, though modern tarts are usually fruit-based or sometimes with custard. A miniature tart, like egg tarts or our chocolate brownie tart right here, can sometimes be called a tartlet, but for convenience they are mostly called tarts as well. Tarts are often served as an appetizer or dessert, a versatile and delicious treat. As time and recipes evolve, people have come out with many unique tart recipes or even combine them with other desserts! This chocolate brownie tart is good example of it.
Chocolate Brownie Tart
- 50 g Cake flour
- 125 g All purpose flour
- 40 g Vegetable oil
- 152 g Fine Sugar
- 125 g Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 115 g Unsalted Butter
- 25 g Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Egg
- Mix all purpose flour, fine sugar, salt and unsalted butter together. Add egg yolk and continue to mix until well
- Grease mould with butter and align dough into mould.
- Poke the dough with a fork. Bake at 170c for 10 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate, butter and vegetable oil on low heat.
- In another bowl, whisk 2 eggs and fine sugar.
- Then add chocolate mixture and continue to mix.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the tart shell and add chocolate chips as toppings. Bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Tadaa! Your Chocolate Brownie Tarts are now done! With our guidance, you can get yourself a failed-proof and yummy dessert. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But if your desserts aren’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for help in our friendly community group! We are always ready to tend to your baking needs.
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to elevate your baking skills a few notches up- head on over here and browse through our baking tips & tricks .