Image credit: Preppy Kitchen
Do you know how we can’t eat actual lava because it’ll melt our face-off? Well, here’s a chance for you to enjoy an edible version of lava! A chocolate dessert that will melt in your mouth, it’s none other than Chocolate Lava Cake! Try making this delicious treat with this easy recipe and enjoy the taste of molten goodness today!
Chocolate Lava Cake
- Preheat the oven to 232°C. Butter and flour your ramekins.
- Melt the butter with the chocolate on low heat in a double boiler or in the microwave. Whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the egg yolks, sugar and salt until thickened and pale. An electric mixer will work best.
- Fold the chocolate mixture and flour into the egg mixture. Pour the batter into the ramekins and bake at 232°C for 6-8 minutes, it depends on your oven.
- Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for a minute, then cover each with an inverted dessert plate. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for 10 seconds and then unmold. Sift powdered sugar on top and garnish with berries if desired. Serve immediately.
- Use a bar of high-quality chocolate. This is the main flavour and you will taste the difference when using a better ingredient.
- The bake time will change based on the size of your ramekins and your oven’s idiosyncrasies so it’s a good idea to do a test batch before you serve these at a dinner party.
- Try adding a flavour you enjoy like orange zest, raspberry reduction or a hit of caramel.
Recipe credit: Preppy Kitchen