Image credit: makan.ch
Butter chicken, or by definition it means a match made in heaven. No, this isn’t your typical butter chicken from an Indian restaurant. This is a different kind. It’s creamy, spicy, and just fantastic. This easy and creamy buttermilk chicken recipe is a crowd-pleaser. In only a few steps, you’ll be able to prepare a dish with a variety of flavours that carries a powerful punch. Try out this easy recipe today.
Creamy Malaysian Buttermilk Chicken
- Marinate the chicken in curry powder, salt and pepper for at least an hour. If it is short of time, 15 minutes will do.
- Beat an egg and mix well with the chicken pieces.
- Heat up enough oil in a pan or wok for frying.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour and fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In a separate pan, heat up butter.
- Add curry leaves and fry until fragrant.
- Mix in evaporated milk and reduce heat. Let simmer till slightly thickened.
- Add chillies and continue to simmer till thickened.
- Mix in chicken and serve immediately with steamed rice, veggies of your choice.
- You can use any oil to fry this but by using peanut oil, the chicken pieces will still be crunchy when it is time to serve.
- Fried chicken pieces are also great on their own, which is known as popcorn chicken.
Recipe credit: Makan.ch