Besides the endless love you have for fudgy chocolate brownies, you got to try brownies in the form of COOKIES! Let me tell you they are addictive and you’d finish a whole jar of it without you even knowing ‘cause they’re good! Plus, they’re crispy, which is my kind of cookie. So, if you’ve never tried brownie cookies in your life ever, then you’re in luck because this is a recipe that’s going to show you how easy it is to make!
Crispy and Easy Brownie Cookies
- Start melting the butter along with the dark chocolate using the double boiler method.
- Beat the egg, sugar and vanilla essence in a separate bowl using a whisk or a mixer until it expands and turns white. Beat the mixture for about 10 minutes or until it shows how it’s supposed to look.
- Add in the flour and a pinch of baking powder that has been sifted into the egg mixture. Stir well for a bit.
- Then, once your chocolate and butter mixture have melted, pour it in as well. Continue to mix until it’s combined. Again, you can use whisk or a mixer for this.
- Once it’s mixed well, pour it into a piping bag. As you pour it into the piping bag, proceed to let it rest for 10 minutes in the fridge (The reason why to let it chill in the fridge is to make it easier for the cookie-shaping process, and helps to ensure the cookies wouldn’t be too flat and thin. Basically, it helps you to shape the cookies with ease!)
- While you’re letting the piping bag to chill, you can start to preheat the oven.
- 10 minutes are up, get your piping bag out and pipe out the batter onto a macaron mat (if you have one of course, because a macaron mat definitely assists you out in shaping the batter into a perfect circle), or a parchment paper greased with butter. If use a parchment paper, make sure they’re pipe out further from each other
- You can add any choice of your topping on top like sliced almonds or nuts for the extra crunch.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes according to your oven temperature or at 160ºC. Once it’s baked, it’ll turn into crispy and chewy brownie cookies that you can’t get enough. But if it’s too chewy, you may have to bake again.
Recipe credit: Rahimah Abdillah
Easy right? If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for Hari Raya cookies, brownie cookies are the easiest and perfect for the celebration that you might just end up with empty jars on the first day. Happy baking!