This weekend, we are learning how to make one of Negeri Sembilan’s most famous dishes, Daging Salai Masak Lemak Cili Api.
If you’re from Negeri Sembilan, today’s your day! This mouthwatering hot and spicy dish will definitely leave you craving for more!
This dish is unique in terms of flavours, as it is spicy, salty with a hint of smoky flavour.
Daging Salai Masak Lemak Cili Api
- 250 g Daging Salai/ smoked beef
- 1 no Lemongrass (pounded)
- 10-15 Bird’s eye chili
- 5 g Turmeric
- 150 ml Coconut milk
- 1 no Tamarind slice
- Start by slicing the beef slice into thin slices.
- Then, with a pestle and mortar, pound the turmeric and bird’s eye chili until medium fine paste.
- Set up a pot, combine, roasted beef slice, lemongrass, tamarind slice, together with the pounded ingredients.
- Add in 400 ml of water then bring to a boil. Lower down heat and continue to boil until the beef is tender.
- Once tender, add in the coconut milk and simmer for 5 mins.
- Season with salt and serve together with a plate of warm rice.
NI hope you guys enjoy the video and good luck trying the recipe!
Also, I cordially invite you to eat with us and learn more about all the Malaysian local foods recipes.
You may also like our previous video : Bihun Sup Kedah