Classic French Toast, drizzled with syrup and coated with powdered sugar, is the ideal recipe for a wonderful weekend breakfast with your family. French toast is a dish consisting of sliced bread that has been soaked in beaten eggs and generally milk before being pan fried.
Serve the slices while they’re still warm, and keep an eye out because they’ll disappear quickly! Spend time with your family and teach them how to create the best French toast dish with this easy recipe.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, granulated sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended.
- Heat a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat. Grease with vegetable oil, if necessary.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place on the non-stick pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle each serving with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup, if desired.
- For a richer flavor, use whole milk.
- Top French toast with fresh berries such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries or blackberries.
- Pairs well with ice cream and nuts.
Image & Recipe credit: Pillsbury