image credit to:Spice N’ Pans
Mochi is always a good snack to munch on when you’re stuck on deciding what sweet treat to eat. But suddenly you don’t have the motivation to go to the supermarket to buy them. So, what do you do? You make them yourself of course! Here’s a super quick and simple mochi recipe that you can follow. No worries, you don’t have to pound the homemade mochi. This recipe will guide you in making mochis using a rice cooker, so that’ll make things easier for you! Go ahead and try making this easy rice cooker mochi recipe today!
- 2 cups Glutinous rice flour
- Ground peanut powder
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Pour the flour into the bowl.
- Add water and still well.
- Coat your rice cooker with a thin layer of oil then pour the mixture into the rice cooker.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Gently stir the mixture then cook for another 3 minutes.
- Stir the mixture again until it thickens and becomes sticky. Add the sesame oil and mix well.
- Cut the muah chee(mochi) into half to see if it is well cooked then add the crushed peanuts and sugar. Mix well.
- Cut the muah chee(mochi) into bite-sized pieces, coat it with peanut butter and enjoy!
Recipe credit: Leslie Koh
Voila! You can enjoy our rice-cooker mochi. Hopefully, with our guidance, you can get yourself a failed-proof and yummy dessert. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But if your desserts aren’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for our help.
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to elevate your baking skills a few notches up-head on over here and browse through all of our recipes.