Image credit: China Sichuan Food
If you’re looking for a healthy snack here, turn away because this is a recipe for fried milk! Sweet and tasty, who could resist taking another bite or two of this fried milk. Now, traditionally they were made without the breadcrumbs, but for this recipe, we’ll be using it because why not? Come and make your own fried milk using this quick and easy recipe today!
- In a small bowl, add coconut milk, milk, cornstarch and sugar. Heat over the slowest fire and heat until thickened. In the process, stir in one direction. Transfer to a square baking pan and set aside to cool down in the fridge (rest for 40 to 60 minutes) until well hardened.
- Transfer out and cut into small strips around 5 cm long and 3 cm wide.
- Coat with starch, egg and breadcrumbs in sequence.
- Heat oil until 150 to 160 degrees C. Place 4-5 pieces on a flat strainer, dip the strainer in and fry until slightly golden brown and crispy. Repeat until all of the remaining pieces are fried. Remove extra oil with kitchen paper and serve directly.
- Absorb extra oil with kitchen paper and serve hot.
- To make the custard more flavorful you can add orange peel and other spices.
- Suggested to serve with ice cream.
Recipe credit: China Sichuan Food