Fruitcakes are a staple for Christmas and most of the elderly love this cake. Just like kids gaga for milo. Uncles and aunties will go gaga on this cake. It is because this cake has so much complexity, the fruits, the texture, the taste, the aroma of the butter with the sweet scent from the dried mixed fruits. It just slaps. Typically fruitcakes contain a long list of ingredients but please do not be intimidated with the ingredient because most of it is just for the taste of the cake and not involving the cake body and texture. So if you want to remove some of the fruits that you dislike you can play around with the ratio.
- 225 g Butter
- 340 g Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 50 g Hot water
- 500 g Mixed Fruits/Buahan Campuran
- 3 nos Eggs
- 1 tsp Cream of tartar
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 350 g Flour
- 1 tsp Serbuk Nutmeg/buah pala
- In a bowl, combine mixed fruits with water and let it soaked
- In another bowl cream sugar and butter until pale
- add in eggs one by one.
- Sift in all of the dry ingredient and fold it in
- Pour in soaked mixed fruits
- Give it 3 fold and transfer the batter into a parchment lined baking mold
- Bake in 160c oven for about 50 minutes.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to elevate your baking skills a few notches up- head on over here and browse through our baking tips & tricks .