This weekend, let’s dive deep into learning how to make one of Pahang’s famous dishes, Gulai Tempoyak Ikan Patin.
Pahangites out there, today’s your day! Gulai Tempoyak Ikan Patin is mainly made with fermented durians and Ikan Patin, the Silver Catfish.
This dish has an acquired taste, and if you are a durian lover, the more you eat, the more you would enjoy overtime!
Gulai Tempoyak Ikan Patin
Gulai Tempoyak Ikan Patin is mainly made with fermented durians and Ikan Patin, the Silver Catfish.
- 1 nos Lemongrass (pounded)
- 5-10 nos Bird’s eye chilli (depending the heat level)
- 1 nos Turmeric (thumb size)
- 3 tbsp Tempoyak
- 1 Nos Patin/ Silver Catfish (small to medium size) (Cleaned and cutted)
- ½ Cucumber (cut into thick slices)
- Salt & Sugar
- Pound the bird’s eye chilli and turmeric until it becomes a course paste.
- Then set up a pot with water, add in the lemongrass together with the pounded ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Continue to simmer for 5 mins on medium low heat. Then add in the tempoyak, cucumber and the Patin fish.
- Once cucumber is soft, season with salt, sugar. Serve over warm rice!
Enjoy! I hope you guys enjoy the video and good luck trying the recipe!.
Also, I cordially invite you to eat with us and learn more about all the Malaysian local foods recipes.
You may also like our previous video : Sayur Pecal