Now you can make your own karipap at home. A crispy local snack stuffed with potatoes and spices that is smothered in curry. We used MFM Cap Ros Flour to get the best dough texture for the Karipap.
Karipap Pusing – Dough 1
- 1 ¼ cup MFM Cap Ros Flour
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup Water
Karipap Pusing – Dough 2
- ¾ cup MFM Cap Ros Flour
- 1 tbsp Shortening
- ¼ cup Butter
Filling – Ingredient A
- 1 nos Cinnamon stick
- 2 nos Cloves
- 2 nos Cardamom
- 1 nos Star anise
- 6 nos Black pepper
- 100 g Oil
Filling – Ingredient B
- 80 g Curry Powder
- 300 g Water
- 2 nos Potato (cubed)
- In a pan saute Ingredient A, once fragrant add ingredient B until it thickens and the potato is soft. Turn off heat and let it cool completely.
- In a bowl combine all of the bowl 1 ingredient.
- In another bowl combine all ingredient of dough 2.
- Roll the first dough and then smear the second dough on top of the first dough. Try make the surface flat and fully covered.
- Roll like a long and then roll to make it flat. Lastly roll it like a log again.
- Chill the log for 30 minute, after chill cut the log 1 1- 1.3 inch thick.
- Roll it and make it round, add the chilled filling. And close it.
- Clamp the karipap and deep fry it until golden brown.
Since you can’t go out and get some, try making it yourself! It’s simple and you will enjoy it more knowing you ~D.I.Y Time
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!