Image credit: Loka Taste
Hard on the outside but light and fluffy on the inside, it’s Rotiboy! This perfect bundle of joy can be enjoyed any time of the day. Get the most out of it when you pair it with your hot coffee or even with an iced beverage. It will surely be worth it! Come and make the best homemade Rotiboy using this recipe to lighten up your insides today.
- 360 g
Butter(60 grams of butter for the bun, 200 grams of butter forthe topping, and 100 grams of butter for the filling)
- 500 g Bread flour
- 80 g
- 8 g
- 20 g
- 10 g
- 280 ml Water
- 4 large
Eggs(1 egg for the bun, and 3 eggs for the topping)
- 150 g
- 200 g
- 1 tbsp Instant coffee dissolved with 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp Coffee essence
- Start by making the bun. Add bread flour, castor sugar, salt, milk powder, and dry yeast in a bowl. Mix it thoroughly. Then slowly, add in a mixture of egg and water, and knead it at medium speed for about 10 minutes.
- Next, slowly add in butter then continue kneading until the dough becomes shiny with an elastic texture (tip: check to see if the dough can be stretched without breaking).
- Using a cloth, cover the dough and leave it to proof for about 40 minutes (until the dough has risen to double its size). When that is done, move on to making the topping.
- In a bowl, add butter and sugar, and beat it until it has a pale colour.
- Then gradually, add in the egg, and fold in flour slowly.
- Add instant coffee and coffee essence into the mixture. Mix the mixture until it is combined thoroughly. Then set it aside and move on to assembling the bun.
- Retrieve the dough that you’ve made earlier and on a lightly floured surface, punch the dough down to release some air.
- Divide the dough into 25 grams each then roll each out into a small circle. Add 1 Put a teaspoon of butter into the middle of each bun, then wrap the bread around it.
- Cover the bun with cloth again, and leave it to proof for about 45 minutes (until it becomes double its size).
- In a piping bag, fill it with the coffee topping. Then, pump out the cream in circles around the bun. Finally, bake the buns at 215°C for 18 minutes. With that, your buttery Rotiboys are ready to be served!
Recipe credit: Loka Taste