Honeycomb, also known as sponge candy or hokey pokey, is a deliciously crunchy and rich candy that can easily be made at home. With a distinctive airy texture and the appearance of a honeycomb, this sweet treat requires a few ingredients and patience. But instead of the honeycomb sponge candy, we will be showing you this honeycomb tart instead. It looks very eye-catching just by the look of it. It does not require any specific technical skills.
Honeycomb Lemon Tart
- 1 pc Readymade Tart Shell
- 30 g Lemon Juice
- 45 g Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar
- 1 nos Egg
- 50 g Butter
- 20 g White Chocolate
- 8 g Gelatine Powder
- 32 g Water
Honey Lemon Jelly
- 340 g Water
- 30 g Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar
- 40 g Honey
- 10 ml Lemon juice
- 10 g Gelatine Powder
- 30 ml Water
- Bloom gelatine powder with water together. Then place lemon juice and Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar over medium heat until sugar has fully dissolved.
- Add in eggs and cook it over medium slow heat until it is slightly thicken then add in bloomed gelatine.
- Keep mixing until it has dissolved and then add in white chocolate and stir till it has fully incorporated.
- Once it has slightly cooled down, add in butter and mix it well.
- Put some lemon creme on ready made tart shell and use bubble wrap to gently press onto the lemon creme.
- Put it into the chiller for about 15mins.
- For honey lemon jelly, bloomed gelatine powder and water together.
- In a pot, put water, lemon juice, honey, Chek Hup Diamond Rock Sugar together and cook until all of it has dissolved.
- Add in bloomed gelatine and mix until it has fully melted.
- Let it slightly cooled down then pour mixture into the tart shell and let it set for 2 hours or more.
Tips and guides
- To prevent bubble wrap from sticking onto the lemon creme, lightly spray some oil onto bubble wrap and then press onto the lemon creme. It should be able to be removed easily once lemon creme has cooled down completely.
- For honey lemon jelly, add more Chek Hup Sugar for a sweeter jelly if it is too sour to your preference.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Dracula Dentures