What’s better than a cozy little tea time with some chai latte and- you guessed it! Indian Spice Cake. Warm and comforting hugs from the spices are just the best, don’t you agree? Spice Cakes are traditionally flavoured cakes made with a mixture of spices, it can be prepared in many varieties! For our recipe today we’ll be teaching you a delicious Indian version of it! This is perfect for all the people who prefer plain cakes. After all the cream cakes and exotic chocolates, sometimes you need to take a step back and go for a more simple treat. Besides, this cake pairs well with anything! Drink a cup of Chai or Coffee with it, sprinkle almonds or eat it plain!
Indian Spice Cakes
- ½ cup Melted Ghee
- 2 cups Maida
- 1 cups Semolina Flour
- ½ litre Low Fat Milk
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Baking soda
- Sliced Almonds to your likings
- Whisk milk and sugar together. Add melted ghee and continue to whisk. Let it cool.
- In another bowl, add maida, semolina flour, baking powder, baking soda, fennel seeds, cardamom powder and cinnamon powder and mix together.
- Add the milk mixture into the dry mixture and mix well. Pour the mixture into a pan. Sprinkle some sliced almond on top of it.
- Preheat the oven at 160c for 15 minutes and bake at 160c for 1 hour.
Did you make this recipe?
Voila! Your Indian Spice Cake is now done! With our guidance, you can get yourself a failed-proof and yummy dessert. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But if your desserts aren’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for help in our friendly community group! We are always ready to tend to your baking needs.
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to elevate your baking skills a few notches up- head on over here and browse through our baking tips & tricks .