Ipoh is famous for this cheese naan that has the awesome possum cheese pull effect and of course it is very delicious. What could possibly go wrong with cheese? The amount of cheese for this recipe is crazily insane! Well despite the rising cases of Covid, why not bring this Ipoh Famous Cheese Naan recipe to your kitchen and enjoy it?
Ipoh Famous Cheese Naan
The amount of cheese for this recipe is crazily insane! Well despite the rising cases of Covid, why not bring this Ipoh Famous Cheese Naan recipe to your kitchen and enjoy it?
- 1 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 11 g Yeast
- ¾ cup Warm Milk
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 500 g Shredded Mozzarella
- 20 g Caramelized Onions
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 ½ tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 300 ml Milk
- 200 g Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mix all ingredients A together.
- Mix all ingredients B in a bowl and pour ingredients A into ingredients B.
- Keep mixing and kneading until it forms into a dough.
- Let it rest for 45 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 portions. Roll out dough into a square, place some caramelized onions then put lots of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the dough to secure the cheese and seal the sides.
- Roll it out again to thin it evenly and then place it on a cooking pan.
- Cook on every side until it is golden brown.
- For the cheese sauce, cook butter and flour onto a cooking pan until it thickens.
- Add in milk and keep stirring until it has slightly reduced.
- Add in cheddar cheese until they are melted.
- Pour onto cheese naan bread and serve.
- Be sure to serve it right after cooking to get the awesome cheese pull effect.
- When doing the dough, if it gets too sticky or wet, you can add about 2 to 3 more tbsp of flour.
- When rolling out dough, make sure to roll it as thin as you can go in order to fill more cheese into your naan dough.
- You can add different kinds of filling such as garlic and butter instead of caramelized onion. Be creative to play around with your food.
- For cheese sauce, you can use red cheddar cheese for a bright yellowish colour.
Did you love this information? Give us a review~
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Nutella Bites