Kek Butter Pelangi is one of the famous cakes that you can actually get at almost all Raya open houses. It has been a famous butter cake since the good ol’ days and it has become a tradition ever since. And what’s interesting is that the colours that you put into the cake batter that makes it so attractive. It is a very very easy recipe to make and with the help of KENWOOD standmixer, you can get it done in no time!
Kek Butter Pelangi
- 250 g Butter
- 190 g Sugar
- 4 nos Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 250 g Self Raising Flour
- 63 ml Milk
- any food gel colouring of your choice
- Line a loaf pan and preheat oven to 170c.
- Using KENWOOD Stand Mixer, cream butter and sugar until light, pale and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla essence and eggs one at a time until all well combined.
- Alternatively add in flour and milk until all comes together.
- Divide batter into 4 different colours.
- Once put in a drop or two of food colouring. Place each colour alternatively in baking pan.
- Bake it at 170c for 40-45mins. Tadaa enjoyy your cake!
- You can change the colouring to any colour of your choice.
- Instead of putting it layer by layer, you can recreate the design by swirling it into a marble form. Or even into a checkered style butter cake.
- The baking time varies, it depends on your oven heat. If your cake has turned brown on the top too quickly, cover it with an aluminum foil
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Multigrain Pudding