A twist on a Malaysian favourite, and the best part? The use of leftover lontong or nasi impit.
Lontong Goreng Pattaya
- 100 g Lontong or Nasi Impit
- ½ no Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 2 clove Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 50 g Chicken Fillets (Cubed)
- 20 g Carrot (Cut Into Thin Sticks)
- 20 g Long Beans (Thinly Sliced)
- 20 g Red Chillies (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 tbsp Chilli Paste
- 1½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 1 no Egg
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- TT Salt
- Heat up the oil in a wok, then add in the onions, fry until translucent.
- Then add in the garlic and fry for about 15 seconds.
- Add in the chilli paste and fry for about a minute on medium low heat.
- Add in the veggies and continue to fry for another minute.
- Finally, add in the lontong together with the soy sauce and chilli sauce. Mix well.
- For the egg crepe, whisk the egg together with a pinch of salt. Then heat up a non stick pan.
- Pour the egg mix onto the non stick pan, and spread it out. Turn off the heat and place the lontong goreng in the centre.
- Then fold in on 4 sides until all the lontong goreng is covered.
Tips and guides:
- Wrapping the lontong goreng in the egg crepe needs some practice. If you feel like one egg is two hard, you can use 2 eggs so that you’ll get thicker crepes and easier to wrap.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Curry Chicken Nuggets Recipe