Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert that has a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with fruit and whipped cream. The sweetness from the meringue, the freshness from the fruit used and the creamy whipped cream brings the flavour beautifully. It is certainly a treat for those who has a sweet tooth.
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Offset spatula
- Baking tray
- Parchment Paper
- 4 pcs Egg Whites
- 150 pcs Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 100 g Whipping Cream
- Fresh Fruits
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Cocoa Powder – For Dusting
- Prepare your mixer and make sure your bowl and mixer paddle is clean from any oil or water.
- Prepare your piping bag and also baking tray that has already been lined with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Make sure there is no egg yolk mixture in the egg whites.
- In a bowl, add the egg whites and start the mixer at medium speed.
- Beat the egg whites for 10 seconds or until foamy then add in the cream of tartar.
- Mix again and while mixing, add in castor sugar continuously.
- Continue mixing until the meringue forms stiff peaks.
- When you see that the meringue produces a sharp thorn when you pull out the mixer, it means the meringue is ready! Another way you can check is to try flipping your bowl. The meringue should not fall!
- After that, add in cornstarch together with lemon juice and mix again until everything is well combined.
- Take the piping bag, and slowly add in the meringue using the spatula.
- Cut at the edges of piping bag, and slowly pipe in a circular motion for 4 layers.
- Fill in the centre of meringue. Continue piping until the meringue is finished. This recipe creates 20 pieces of mini pavlovas.
- You can scrape the side of the meringue using offset spatula to get a nicer side or you can just leave it like that.
- Now, the meringue is ready to bake! Set your temperature at 120°c for 60 minutes.
- While you are letting the meringue cool, you can start beating your whipping cream.
- Make sure the whipping cream is cool and set your mixer to medium speed, beat the whipping cream until it makes firm peaks. Set aside.
- Take the cooled meringue and spread the whipping cream on top! For a nicer look, you can use the wilton 1M nozzle and start piping the whipping cream on top of the meringue!
- Top your meringue with fresh fruits and fresh mint leaves!
- Lastly, dust with cocoa powder and your mini pavlovas are ready to eat!
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Easy Pineapple Tart Recipe