This weekend, we’re gonna find out how to make one of the most sought after dish, Nasi Dagang from Terengganu.
Terengganuans out there, today’s your day!
Nasi Dagang is famously known for its softer and chewier texture made from a mixture of glutinous rice and regular rice. When eaten with tuna or Gulai Ikan Tongkol and accompanied with Acar Timun, man, it is literally a match made in heaven and second to none!
- 100 g Rice
- 100 g Glutinous Rice
- 1 tsp Fenugreek
- 1 nos Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 nos Ginger (Thumb sized and sliced thin)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Soak both the rice and glutinous rice in water overnight.
- Then set up a steamer, and steam the rice and the glutinous for 30 mins.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the nasi dagang ingredients together with the coconut milk then pour in the rice mixture. Mix well with the steamed rice and continue to steam for 15 mins.
Enjoy! I hope you guys enjoy the video and good luck trying the recipe!.
Also, I cordially invite you to eat with us and learn more about all the Malaysian local foods recipes.
You may also like our previous video : Gulai Tempoyak Ikan Patin