We all had that experience where we are all excited and ready to bake, only to realize we are missing an ingredient! So what do you do? First, take a deep breath, calm down. It’s time to improvise! Here are some handy suggestions, ideas or recipes we came across that you can use to improvise and rescue your baking project.
If you are trying to whip up a foam for your Matcha Dalgona or other recipes that require a foam, you can use aquafaba. It’s a popular egg replacement especially for those who don’t like eggs (and yes there are people like that, I have a close friend who hates eggs, even the smell of it).
If you’re trying to make a cake or brownies, then mix a tablespoon of chia seeds or flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for about 15 minutes for the seeds to absorb the water – you’ll get a consistency like egg whites.
Recipes without eggs:
- Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Easiest Vanilla Cake
- Marble Cake
- Eggless Butter Cake
- Pressure Cooker Eggless Sponge Cake
Muffins / Cupcakes
- Best Eggless Cupcakes
- Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
- Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
- Egg Free Banana Muffins
- Eggless Oreo Cupcakes
This one is rather simple as you have plenty of sugar alternatives such as syrups (maple or date syrup).
Recipes without sugar:
If it was self-raising flour, you can whip up a mixture of 150g plain flour and 2 teaspoon baking powder.
But if it was other flour, you can probably try substituting with oats or try these recipe recommendations.
Recipes without flour:
- No Flour Cookies (6 Flavors) :
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Coconut Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Also an easy one. Use olive oil or other vegetable oil.
Recipes without butter:
Muffins / Cupcakes
With more concern about lactose intolerance, more and more dairy recipes can be found.
Recipes without dairy:
- Vanilla Crazy Cake
- Fudgiest Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Vegan Lemon Cake
- Citrus and Olive Oil Bundt Cake
- Dairy-Free Castella Cake
- Strawberry Cream Cake
- Gluten-free Spiced Apple Cake
- Easy Almond Cake
Muffins / Cupcakes
- Dairy-free Strawberry and Vanilla Cupcakes
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dairy Free Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Funfetti Cookies
- Cinnamon Cookies
- Vegan Shortbread Cookies
- Almond Flour Cookies
- Lemon Meringue Cookies
You may think this is a show stopper. But fret not. There are alot recipes you can make just by popping it in the fridge. You can even cook some recipes with a pressure cooker or microwave!
Recipes without an oven:
- NO-BAKE Chocolate Cake
- Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cake
- Nutella Cake Without Oven
- Vanilla Sponge Cake Without Oven
- Steamed Moist Banana Cake
- No Bake Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Cookie Pop
- Bread Pudding Without Oven
- Oreo Truffles
- Easy No-Bake Crème Brûlée
- Peanut Butter Bars
Hope this helps. You’re most welcome.
New to baking?
Check out our quick and easy 30 Day Guide for Beginner Bakers
Get entertained with: Hilarious Attempts on The Latest Trend – Baking
Looking for Tom Yam as hot and spicy as you? Check out 7 Best Tom Yam in Klang Valley
Wanna ‘par-tea’ with boba tea? Check out 10 Most Popular and Tasty Boba Teas in Klang Valley
Planning a trip to Ipoh? Check out Ipoh Food Guide: Recommended by the Locals
Looking for Pink Cakes Decorating Ideas? Check out Easy Pink Cake Decorating Ideas For Girls
Wanna have good Japanese Food at affordable prices? Check out 7 Best Japanese Restaurants in Klang Valley