Is it even possible for someone not to like Nutella? Write this date on your calendar, because that’s all about to change when you sink your teeth into a warm slightly underbaked cookie with a bit of melty Nutella nestled in its centre. These cookie cups are surprisingly easy to make. All you need is your favourite sugar cookie dough, a jar of Nutella, and a muffin pan. Also, they are cute, and bite-sized which is always fun for Holiday desserts. You know, portion control. Unless you have a huge bunch of these. Sort of defeats the purpose.
Nutella Cookie Cups
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C.
- Lightly spray muffin pans with baking spray or use a silicone muffin pan.
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl, gradually add both sugars and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda with a wire whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Roll dough into balls 1.5 inches thick.
- Place them in the muffin pan (do not squish down yet!) and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown but not too dark around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and use a shot glass or similar object to press your baked cookies down as soon as they come out of the oven.
- It creates a perfect hole for your Nutella to melt in!
- Add 1 tbsp Nutella to each cup – it will start to melt quickly so you can swirl it around and make it nice and smooth.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan, and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days, or freeze for a convenient treat.
Recipe credit: Cakes Cottage