Image credit: Bake with paws
Say hello to the pandan gula Melaka cookie recipe. This pandan gula Melaka cookie recipe has a similar green colour and bolsters the natural sweetness from the Gula Melaka, but is crispier in texture. Surprise your guests with some onde-onde looking cookies and soak in the satisfaction on their faces as they savour every bite.
Pandan Gula Cookies
- In a big bowl, mix the butter and gula Melaka with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix evenly. Mix in the pandan paste and whisk well.
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and continue to whisk.
- Pour the dough into a piping bag with a start tip of 1m. Press the dough out onto a baking tray with a distance between each dough as they will expand when baking.
- Bake in a heated oven at 180°C for 8 – 10 minutes or until the edges brown (depending on the temperature of your oven)
- Once done baking, leave to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring onto a cookie tray to completely cool
- – Make sure the cookies are warm to create air pockets in the batter and make your cookies harder.
- – Store in an airtight container and away from direct sunlight.
Recipe credit: Happy Fresh Blog