Chinese always associated pineapple with prosperity especially during Chinese New Year period since everything prepared will have an auspicious meaning attached to it.
It is not uncommon to see fresh pineapples being used as a decoration but my neighbour does have the ritual of buying canned pineapples before Chinese New Year. I was told that canned pineapples have two meanings: prosperity and sweet harmonious relationship
Prosperity Pineapple Cake
- 4 pcs Round Canned Pineapples
- 5 nos Glazed Cherries
- 50 g Pineapple Juice
- 3 nos Eggs
- 150 g LURPAK Unsalted Butter
- 150 g Sugar
- 200 g Cake Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Butter the pan and cover the surface of tin with sugar.
- Arrange the pineapple slices and glazed cherries in the baking pan and set aside.
- Beat LURPAK Unsalted Butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add in eggs one at a time.
- Add in pineapple juice followed by dry ingredients.
- Beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the cake pan and bake in the oven at 170c for 45 mins.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Dracula Dentures