Yea there are many types of #mousse cake, but have you tasted a Pulut Hitam Mousse Cake? A cake so light & moist with just the right amount of sweetness to make you go “ummph” with every bite. If you haven’t tasted it, you gotta try this recipe! It is specially made with Radiant Whole Food Organic Unbleached Cake Flour.
Pulut Hitam Mousse Cake
Pulut Hitam Mousse and Topping
- In a bowl, put all ingredients except oil, and beat the ingredients using hand mixer.
- Mix for about 2 minutes until lighten and a bit whiter (until you reach rib boning stage), then add in oil and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch round cake pan
- Bake in 180°c oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Pulut Hitam Mousse
- Soak Radiant Food Thai Black Rice overnight.Once soaked, boil it until the starch breakdown.
- Add in coconut cream powder, muscovado sugar, and salt.
- Stir until it become a bit thick.Meanwhile waiting it to be thick. Bloom gelatin with 60 ml water for 12 gram and 40g for the 8g gelatin.
- Transfer the porridge into a blender and blend. Next, divide into a 2 bowl
- One bowl weighed around 250 g and the remaining pour into the second bowl and let both of it chilled.
- The whipped cream until stiff peak and then add in the 250g porridge into it.
- Fold until it fully incorporated and then add melted gelatin.
- Pour into 7 inch cake pan. And let it set in refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- Once set take it out and put on top of the cake
- In a bowl stir coconut milk with salt and sugar until dissolve. In another bowl bloom the gelatin
- Beat the whipped cream and then fold in with the coconut cream
- Melt the gelatin and then pour into the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour it on top of the Pulut Hitam Mousse and make sure it covers the top.
- Let it set for 2-3 hoours
Pulut Hitam Topping
- Take the remaining porridge and add in melted gelatin.
- Pour on top the coconut mousse once it set.
- Let the cake set for overnight.
Please don’t blame us if your guests come ‘haunting’ back for more slices of cakes.
We collaborate with Radiant Whole Food to create this awesome recipe.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking journey.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your baked food, and explore the baking tips! We are a fun and friendly bunch that loves helping each other when it comes to baking!