This dish was ranked as one of the best asian foods in the world by tasteatlas.com. And the flavours are so complex, its spicy, sour and umami rich. When served hot, it is definitely a dish to live for!
- 200 g Chicken breast
- 6 nos Large prawns (deshelled and deveined)
- 180 g Sarawak laksa paste
- 150 ml Coconut milk
- 1 no Egg
- 1 handful Coriander
- 3 Calamansi
- 1 handful Tauge
- 250 g Rice vermicelli
- 5 nos Birds eye chilli
- 3 g Belacan
- Start by boiling the chicken breast for 15 mins with 1.5l of water. Then shred the chicken breast by hand and set aside to be used as condiments.
- Then in the same pot, blanch the prawns for not more than 2 mins depending on the size.
- Also in the same pot, add in the Sarawak laksa paste and continue boiling for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins add in the coconut milk and season it with salt and pepper.
- Continue to boil for another 5 mins before turning of the fire.
- Now we start preparing the rest of the condiments, break the eggs in a bowl and season lightly with some salt.
- Fry it without oil on a non stick pan. Once dried, set aside to cool before rolling it and slicing.
- Roughly chop the coriander and cut the calamansi in half.
- Blanch the tauge for less than 1 min.
- Finally, blanch the rice vermicelli and instantly rinse with with cold water to remove the excess starch so that it will not stick together.
- To serve, place the noodles in a bowl together with the soup. Then add in the condiments of your choice and enjoy!
Now, hopefully, you can create your own Sarawak Laksa dish with your loved ones.
Also, I cordially invite you to eat with us and learn more about all the Malaysian local foods recipes.
You may also like our previous video : Lodeh Recipe