This weekend, let’s learn how to make one of Selangor’s famous dishes, Pecal.Selangorians out there, today’s your day!
Pecal is filled with vegetables and proteins accompanied with the traditional peanut sauce. This healthy and filling dish will leave you satisfied inside and out!
- 6 nos Nasi Impit
- ½ no Carrot
- 1 nos Brinjal
- 100 g Cabbage
- 2 nos Long beans
- 1 pack Tempe
- 1 no Tofu
- 15 g Fucuk
- 10 g Glass noodle
- 1 no Lemongrass
- 200 g Coconut milk
- 100 g Prawns (deveined and deshelled)
- 1 no Red onion
- 2 clove Garlic
- 20 g Soaked dried shrimps
- 15 g Turmeric
- Set up a pot, then place the Nasi Impit, water and bring it to a boil.
- Continue boiling for 2 hours. Let the Nasi Impit cool completely before cutting into cubes.
- Next, soak the fucuk and glass noodle in a bowl of warm water.
- Cut the tempe and tofu into cubes, then deep fry in oil until it is light golden brown.
- Then cut the remaining vegetables in to similar size sticks to ensure even cooking.
- In a blender, combine the blended ingredients, and blend until fine with a little bit of water.
- Set up a wok or pot, and combine 1 liter of water, 8. lemongrass and the blended ingredients.
- After boils, add in the vegetables, and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender.
- Then add in the tempe, tofu, fucuk and glass noodle and the prawns
- Once the prawns is cooked, add in coconut milk and continue stirring so that the coconut milk won’t split.
- Serve in a bowl together with the Nasi Impit.
Enjoy! I hope you guys enjoy the video and good luck trying the recipe!.
Also, I cordially invite you to eat with us and learn more about all the Malaysian local foods recipes.
You may also like our previous video : Daging Salai Masak Lemak Cili Api