What’s a small, square-shaped dessert that fulfills our sweet-tooth cravings and is hard to resist? It’s none other than brownies! They’re fudgy, chock-full of chocolate, and completely dairy, egg, and vegan-free in this recipe. You’d never guess Vegan Brownies could taste this good without any additional ingredients! Don’t believe us? With this simple vegan brownie recipe, you can judge for yourself.
- 140 g
Plain flour or all-purpose flour(1 cup)
- 20 g
Cocoa powder(¼ cup)
- 200 g
Caster sugar or granulated sugar(1 cup)
- 80 ml
Vegetable oil(⅓ cup)
- 1 tsp
- 200 g Dairy-free (vegan) dark chocolate, melted (½ cup)
- 240 ml Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk (1 cup)
- 75 g Dairy-free (vegan) chocolate chips, optional (½ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 160 degrees C if the oven is fan-forced. Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar and gently whisk to mix.
- Add oil, vanilla, melted chocolate and almond milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Add chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Transfer brownie batter to the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Try not to overbake or brownies will turn cakey.
Tips! Chilling the brownies for a few hours can help them to firm up – super fudgy brownies paired with vegan ice cream awaits!.
Image & Recipe credit: Sweetest Menu