Panna Cotta is a custard-like dessert where the cream is cooked with sugar and then add the bloomed gelatin to the mixture. It has a sweet, silky, creamy texture with a hint of freshness from the strawberry sauce. A perfect dessert to enjoy on all occasions.
Strawberry Panna Cotta
- Small Container (For Gelatine)
- Hand whisk
- 200 ml Milk
- 200 ml Whipping Cream
- 5 gm Gelatin Powder
- 10 gm Hot Water
- 50 gm Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300 gm Fresh Strawberry
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Castor Sugar
- 2 tsp Gelatine
- 1 ½ tbsp Hot Water
Preparing panna cotta:
- Prepare 4 glasses to serve your panna cotta in later.
- Dissolve the gelatin in hot water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream, milk and sugar to a simmer over medium-low heat (Do not boil). When the sugar has dissolved remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Let it cool for 5 minutes before adding the gelatin.
- Add gelatin in the milk mixture and stir until the gelatin has completely dissolved. Pour it in the serving glasses and refrigerate until it sets, for about 2 hours.
Preparing strawberry sauce:
- To prepare the sauce wash the strawberries, drain well and remove leaves. Cut strawberries in quarters.
- Bloom the gelatin in hot water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, put the strawberries, sugar and water. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat immediately.
- Add in gelatine and stir until it melts. You can add in a bit of red food colouring if you think the strawberry sauce colour is too pale.
- Then, pour into a blender or food processor and blend the mixture to make a smooth sauce. Pass it through a strainer to remove the seeds. Cover and let it cool to room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Lastly, pour the strawberry sauce over the panna cotta and put the fresh strawberries on top. It is ready to serve!
*Add in 2 drops of red food colouring if needed* *For whipping cream I use Emborg brand*
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Victoria Sandwich Cake Recipe