Tang Yuan is widely known in the Chinese community. It is not only eaten during the winter solstice festival but it is also commonly eaten during the Lunar New Year.
Instead of the regular usually coloured glutinous ball, make this tangerine looking glutinous ball for your family. It could be a good way to start off the new year by bonding with your family members.
Tangerine Tang Yuan
- 30 g Chek Hup Ginger Brown Sugar
- 125 g Glutinous Rice Flour
- 100 ml Water
- 150 g Red Bean Paste
- 1 l Water
- 4 pcs Pandan Leaves
- 100 g Chek Hup Ginger Brown Sugar
- 3 g Orange Colouring
- Green Fondant
- Mix Chek Hup Ginger Brown Sugar, glutinous rice flour, orange colouring and water and make them into a pliable dough.
- Roll them into 15g each and roll red bean paste into 10g each.
- Wrap the red bean paste into tang yuan dough. Place cloves in the middle of the tang yuan and press it in.
- For the syrup, boil 1litre of water together with Chek Hup Ginger Brown Sugar and pandan leaves.
- Once it comes into a boil, place the tang yuan and boil.
- Decorate it with green fondant leaves and serve.
- Green fondant is just a decoration, it is not necessary to have it in the recipe.
- You can do plain tang yuan without the red bean paste or replace the filling with any filling of your choice.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Pizza Cheesy Bread Bomb