Traditional Italian dish meets Malaysian flavours. Full of flavours and can be prepared with the leftover sambal from the nasi lemak.
Terung Sambal Cheese
- 1 no Big Eggplant
- 150 g Sambal
- 200 g Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 nos Eggs
- 200 g Bread Crumbs
- 200 g Flour
- Slice the eggplant into medium thick slices.
- Then coat the Eggplant in flour, eggs then bread crumbs.
- Air fry at 180c for 9 mins.
- Once you take it out, then spread the sambal and then slices of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Continue to air fry for 2 more minutes until the cheese melted and bubbly.
- Serve with another spoon of sambal immediately.
- Depending on the size of the eggplants, the cooking time may vary, so try to adjust anywhere in between 8 mins to 12 mins. Youll know the eggplant is cooked once it is golden brown.
- In this recipe we use Nasi Lemak Sambal or sambal tumis, however other type of sambal can also be used.
Did you love this information?
We hope this useful information will be helpful in your baking & cooking journey.
Do not miss out on the previous topics: Easy Egg Chips Recipe