You’ve been getting your mushroom soup out of cans this whole time? NOOOOO. Please stoppp.
I know it’s way easier and we all are guilty of it too. However, it’s actually pretty unhealthy because of the high salt content and other additives or preservatives that are added into it.
So I’ve come across this SUPER SIMPLE recipe you can use to make your own mushroom soup. Healthier and wayyy tastier! You gotta check it out!
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Button mushrooms
- Black paper
- Chicken stock
- Cooking cream
- All purpose flour
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then add in the diced onion and olive oil.
2. Add the garlic, black paper, button mushrooms and mix well.
3. Let it simmer over the pan until the water has slightly evaporated.
4. Add the flour and mix it well.
5. Add the chicken stock and mix again.
6. Finally add the parsley, milk, cooking cream and continue mixing it over the stove.
7. Garnish with some parsley and enjoy!
EXTRA INFO / TIPS
- Olive oil is also added to ensure the butter does not burn.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic is preferred so that the taste of the garlic is not too strong.
- Mushrooms will shrink, so adding a little more is totally fine. IN FACT THE MORE, THE BETTER HAHA.
- Flour is added as a thickening agent.
- Fresh parsley is preferred for better taste however if you do not have it, you may use parsley flakes.
- The more cooking cream you add, the thicker the consistency of the mushroom soup is going to be.
BEST WAYS TO ENJOY YOUR MUSHROOM SOUP
1. With Garlic Bread – The All-time Favourite
This combo is loved by many! Salty and crunchy garlic bread dipped in thick mushroom soup. Dayummm. Just so satisfying!
2. With Baked Vegetables – Health Freaks
If you are health conscious and wanna cut those carbs, nicely baked or grilled veggies would do amazing. You could bake or grill broccoli, asparagus or carrots!
3. With Chicken Tenders – Protein Junkies
Pretty sure this will be loved by the younger ones! Crispy chicken tenders would add so much more flavor to the meal.
Credits for this delicious and simple recipe goes to Dania Sedek.
So now you know how to make your own mushroom soup! Hope you don’t have to use those canned ones again hahaha, it’s such a no-no!