Image Credit: parenting.firstcry
As Malaysians, we definitely use curry leaves very often in cooking.
But most of us have experienced them rotting in just within a week right?! Frustrating I know…
Not to worry, we have a SOLUTION for you! That will make it last up to MONTHS!
- Wash the curry leaves thoroughly. Then put them in a basket or any other suitable container you have at home. After that, you have two ways to go about this; you can either store them in the refrigerator or dry them under the sun.
- Do not cut off the branches when drying them under the sun, it helps prevent them from flying away when there is a strong wind. Once they have been dried, then only cut them off.
- You can also bake them in the oven for a little while if there is not much sun at the place you stay at. (you are kind of lucky though, because the weather in Malaysia is too hot!) Furthermore, baking them in the oven is not only faster but also easier.
2. If you choose to dry them, after a few hours or once you think they have been sufficiently dried, you should place all of them in an airtight container.
- Do not fill the container too much. Make sure that the leaves are not fully packed. There should be space for them to ‘breathe’. When they are too close and tightly arranged next to each other, it becomes quicker for them to rot.
- You can leave them at room temperature if you have dried them and place them in a container.
3. Once you would like to add them to your cooking, simply just toss them in the pan.
This works for other seasonings or herbs like kaffir lime leaves, turmeric leaves or coriander.
Try it now and see the results!
Enjoy staying at home by making these:
Tell Me You Tried One of These! Ultimate Dalgona Coffee Recipes and Variations
Want A Home Cafe Experience? Check out 10 Cafe Worthy Recipes
Best And Easiest Cocktail Recipes You Can Make At Home
Try This If You’re Bored At Home During Quarantine
CAKES IN LESS THAN 3 MINUTES: Delicious Mug Cake Recipes
Just Like The Ones At The ‘Pasar Malam’: You Can Now Enjoy Apam Balik At Home
Other articles you will love:
New to baking? Check out our quick and easy 30 Day Guide for Beginner Bakers
Your Dad Will Love These Cakes! 30 Creative Father’s Day Cake Ideas
In Just 10 Minutes! This Is How You Make TASTY CHUTNEY
6 Insects That Are Actually Good For Your Garden (No.5 Might Be Hard To Accept)
SECRET REVEALED! This Is What You Should Add To Your Ikan Bilis (Anchovies) To Make It Crispier