With not much entertainment since we are stuck at home, most of us are getting creative in the kitchen.
We have seen many interesting recipes that were created during the lockdown. So here are a few so far we liked and are trending that you could try too!
1. Peanut Butter + Brownies = Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 140g wheat flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g dark chocolate
- 150g chocolate chips
- 125g butter
- 230g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Creamy peanut butter
- Sift the wheat flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into a bowl.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter, then mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk brown sugar eggs, and vanilla essence.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture, and mix.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients and add chocolate chips.
- Onto a lined baking pan, pour the mixture and smoothen the surface so it is flat.
- Add in drops of creamy peanut butter, and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 160 degrees in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes, cut into squares and then serve.
PRO TIP: You may top with some ice cream or drizzle some choco syrup for extra awesomeness!
2. Sardine + Spaghetti = Spicy Sardine Spaghetti
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 small can sardine
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 packet of angel hair spaghetti
- Cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling water.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, set aside. Save a cup of the boiled pasta water for later.
- Over medium heat, saute onions and garlic.
- When fragrant, toss in the sardines, including the sauce. (the sauce gives so much flavor!)
- Once the sauce starts simmering, throw in chilli paste. Start breaking up the sardine into flakes with a spatula. (try to make sure they are even, it will be nicer to eat)
- Add sweet soy sauce, chillies, and some of the pasta water from earlier.
- Finally it’s time to add the spaghetti in.
- Mix well, add salt to taste, and serve it!
PRO TIP: Salt the water first when cooking the pasta. It ensures better taste.
3. Coffee + Milo + Milk = Dalgona Milo
- 2 tbsp Milo
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 teaspoon ovalette (cake stabiliser, optional)
- Mix together the milo, sugar, and hot water together.
- Add in the ovalette and whisk until peaks are formed.
- Serve it over a cup of milk. (You may add in ice if you like iced coffee!)
PRO TIP: You can try using a piping bag if you want to shape the foam like a pro.
4. Nestum + Bread = Nestum Bread Cookies
- 8 pieces of bread
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of NESTUM Original
- Spread butter on both sides of the bread.
- Cut them into small squares (they are going to look super cute!).
- Bake them at 180C for 5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Flip the bread to the other side then bake for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the condensed milk onto the bread.
- Coat the bread well with nestum.
- Bake for another 3 minutes.
- Simple bread biscuits ready to be enjoyed!
PRO TIP: Pour the nestum into a flat plate so it will be easier to coat the bread.
5. Puffed rice + Cadbury = Cadbury Choco Jar
- 1 piece of Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate (Plain) 160g
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil such as canola
- Puffed rice
- Marshmallow (Optional)
- Melt the chocolate and vegetable oil.
- Pour the puffed rice into a jar. Then add in the chocolate mixture.
- Mix it well.
- Add in marshmallows for extra deliciousness hehehe!
PRO TIP: Blowtorch the marshmallow. It is guaranteed to make you more happy xD
Voila! Now you can be on your way to some creative snacks to enjoy at home! Let us know how it tastes!